Are you looking for Go Karts For 3 Year Olds? Children have an abundance of energy. Now a days most kids end up parking themselves in front of a computer or a phone. But with a little bit of effort you can ensure your child gets involved in the outdoors.
One of the most thrilling ways for them to remain outdoors and still safe is to ride a go-kart. But knowing which go karts for 3 year olds children to buy can be difficult! We have put together this informational guide to explain everything you need to know about picking a go-kart for your child.
Remember that your child may be more comfortable with a different option.
If they are a little big for their age, you may want to consider go kart for 4 year olds, and go kart for 5 year old.
- 1. 2 Incredible Picks for Go Karts For 3 Year Olds
- 2. Things To Evaluate While Deciding a Go Karts For 3 Year Olds:
- 3. Do I Need Accessories While Buying Go Karts For 3 Year Olds?
- 4. What Safety Features Should You Look Into Go Karts For 3 Year Olds While Buying?
2 Incredible Picks for Go Karts For 3 Year Olds
Let’s start by taking a look at some of the top models, to compare and contrast the options for your child.
1. Hauck Lightning – Pedal Go Kart | Pedal Car
It weighs just a few pounds so not only can you pick it up as a parent but your child can likely pick it up and store it. This particular design is very versatile and perfectly suited for outdoor use.
The tires however might leave marks if you try to ride it inside so make sure it’s done in the garage or the driveway.
The pedals are very easy to use, and the handbrake is within reaching distance. The bucket seat is adjustable so it’s ergonomically friendly and you can move it back or forward depending on how long your child’s legs are.
The wheels are very sturdy and the steering wheel is very responsive. You won’t have to worry about your child going around a sharp turn and losing control.
- The design is one of the lightest go-karts, only a few pounds
- It has 3 point steering
- There is a hand brake that is stylish
- It has steel construction for the frame so it is very safe
- It won’t work on all surfaces
- The wheels can leave marks if driven indoors
2. Berg Pedal Car Buddy B-Orange | Pedal Go Kart
It’s a good way for kids to learn how to ride even if they don’t know how to ride a bike successfully. It’s meant for young children between 2 and 5 year olds.
It has high-quality frames that are very durable with small pedals and four EVA tires. The tires can handle strong and soft surfaces. It goes around corners very easily without losing traction.
The seats can be adjusted depending on the length of your child’s legs. it weighs just shy of 16 lbs so you can easily pick it up and move it around. The colour scheme on the outside is a black and turquoise composition that is very sleek. It also comes with a 5 year warranty.
- Is a 3 wheel design with EVA tires
- There is a durable frame
- The steering and seats can be adjusted
- It comes with a 5 year warranty
- The weight capacity is 151 pounds so if you have a larger or taller child, be advised
- The pedals are small
Things To Evaluate While Deciding a Go Karts For 3 Year Olds:
The first consideration is the type of go kart.
Types of Go-Karts
There are three main types of go-karts
Each type comes with its pros and cons and it’s up to you to decide which one is best suited for your situation.
|Age||Type of Go-Kart|
|8||Electric powered or Pedal powered|
|9||Electric powered or Pedal powered|
Pedal-powered go-karts are very similar to bicycles in that the only power source comes from the rider. This is the perfect fit for beginners and small children.
If you have a 3 year old looking to get started, this is a great option and in fact, you can let their younger siblings give it a whirl too. Pedal-powered one also encourages exercise in your child because in order to get the go-kart to move, the child will have to keep moving their feet.
Moreover, your child remains in complete control of the speed so you know they won’t go blazing off too quickly down the driveway and into traffic.
The downside to the pedal go-karts is that they are intended for very young children so they’re quite small and older children might face some difficulty riding them.
- They don’t require much effort or extra cost to ride
- They are a great pick for younger children
- They promote good exercise
- They are very easy to control
- They are quite small and ill-suited for older children
- It can be exhausting to have to pedal all the time and if the entire family is going out, the youngest will often tire out before the rest who are relying on another power source
Electric power has a battery-supplying power source built into the motor.
It is not recommended that you invest in a battery powered go kart for anyone under the age of 8.
The electric go-karts require much more experience to drive safely and the speeds vary between 9 miles per hour upwards of twenty miles per hour.
If you have an 8 or 9 year old looking for something fun and you don’t want them to tire themselves out trying to pedal themselves around the track, the electric-powered option is great.
The downside to electric-powered go-karts is that they do require a lot of time to charge. The first time you charge them up will be the longest and in some cases you might have to wait 24 hours for it to be fully charged.
For every full charge you complete your child can ride the go-kart for about 40 or 60 minutes before it has to be charged again.
- Kids can go a lot faster without putting in a lot of effort
- This is the perfect option for a casual racer
- It’s a great way to teach kids about driving
- They are not suitable for young children
- They will require regular charging
Gas-powered run-on gas which means they have an engine and a transmission. They are for outdoor use only in a well-ventilated space and they do require a bit of experience.
Gas-powered go-karts are only suitable for children aged 12 or older.
They are suitable for off-road adventures and in some situations you can have a friend with you because of the two-seater space available.
- Compared to electric go-karts they don’t need a lot of time to charge, they only need regular gas which is another investment
- They are very powerful and they go very quickly
- They are designed for off-road activities
- You can find 2-seater designs
- They are not for young children. 12 or older
Do I Need Accessories While Buying Go Karts For 3 Year Olds?
When you first invest in a go-kart for a young child, you might want to explore some accessories.
Pedal-based go-karts don’t need accessories like a battery charger or gasoline. The only things that this lovely you’ll want to consider have to do with safety features.
What Safety Features Should You Look Into Go Karts For 3 Year Olds While Buying?
When evaluating go karts for 3 year olds in particular there are a few safety features you want to look for in the design such as parental control features if it has different speed options, reliable brakes, big enough tires that they can make sharp turns easily, and simple things like seat belts and a safety flag.
All of these things can be built in or there could be options to invest in things like slides and seat belts that you can add to the model.
With most beginner designs, the tires are durable, the frame is protective, and you won’t have to worry about variable speeds.
In addition to investing in the safety flag, try to look for at least a helmet in terms of the gear you give your child. When you put your child on a bicycle you give them a helmet so when you put them in a go-kart, do the same.
Teach them never to go too fast and how to drive safely, and make sure that their helmet is secured every time they get behind the wheel.
So we hope these tips will help you decide on the perfect go kart for your 3 year old!
When evaluating go karts for 3 year olds in particular there are few safety features you want to look for in the design such as parental control features if it has different speed options, reliable brakes, big enough tires that they can make sharp turns easily, and simple things like seat belts and a safety flag. With most beginner designs, the tires are durable, the frame is protective, and you won’t have to worry about variable speeds.
Hope this article helped you to find amazing go karts for your 3 year olds.